Below are the frequently asked question for product i5850S Scanner.
Select another product by typing the name in the field below.
For information on how to contact Alaris support, please visit Alaris Services and Support.
For available options, please refer to Smart Touch Technology.
For information about using Scanner Validation Tool, please click here
Steady green: the scanner is in Ready mode.
Flashing yellow: the scanner is in Low Power mode.
Steady yellow: the scanner is in Standby mode.
Make sure that:
• the host computer meets minimum requirements for scanning.
• there is enough free space on the hard disk drive.
• all other applications are closed.
• you are using a USB 2.0 connection.
You can also try changing the scanning options (compression, etc.) in your scanning application.
Cleaning the rollers includes all of the rollers in the transport area, the separation roller tires and the feed module tires.
1. Open the scanner cover.
2. Manually rotate and wipe the rollers with a roller cleaning pad.
3. Dry the rollers with a lint-free cloth.
4. Pull the separation pad holder forward and remove the separation roller.
NOTE: The separation roller cover is spring-loaded. Hold the separation roller cover back until you remove the separation roller, then gently lower the roller cover back in place
5. Manually rotate and wipe the separation roller tires with a roller cleaning pad. For best results wipe parallel to the ribs in order to remove any residue between the ribs.
6. Inspect the tires. If the tires show signs of wear or damage, replace the separation roller. See “Replacement procedures” later in this chapter.
7. Reinstall the separation roller by aligning the slots on the separation roller with the holders.
8. Clean the feed module tires by manually rotating and wiping the feed module tires with a roller cleaning pad. For best results wipe parallel to the ribs in order to remove any residue between the ribs. You do not need to remove the feed module to clean the tires.
9. Inspect the tires. If the tires show signs of wear or damage, replace the feed module tires. See “Replacement procedures” later in this chapter.
10. Wipe the upper and lower background strips with a Staticide wipe
11. Wipe the upper and lower background strips again with an almost-dry Staticide wipe to remove any streaks.
12. Wipe the upper and lower imaging guides with a Staticide wipe.
13. Wipe the upper and lower imaging guides again with an almost-dry Staticide wipe to remove any streaks.
14. Close the scanner cover
1.With one hand, press the locking tabs (one on each side) while holding the lower housing with the other hand. Pull the upper housing up and away from the rollers.
2.Remove both core assemblies
3.Replace each tire by sliding the tire off the core.
4.Install each new tire by gently pulling it over the core. The tires do not need to be installed in any specific orientation.IMPORTANT:Do not overstretch the tire; it may tear.
5.Replace each core assembly in the lower feed module housing and align the tabs on the upper housing with the slots on the lower housing.
6.Press the upper and lower housings together until they snap into place.
7.Insert the pin on the left side of the feed module with the rod (1); align the upper tab with the slot (2); align the pin on the right side of the feed module with the rod (3) and turn the green feed module release knob (4) to reengage the feed module. Verify that the feed module is securely in place and moves freely after you install it.
8.Close the scanner cover and the printer access cover.
9.Reinstall the output tray.
A recommended cleaning sequence includes vacuuming the scanner transport, cleaning the residue from the feed module tires, separation roller tires and drive rollers and cleaning the imaging guides.
Use the chart below as a guide to how frequently you should clean your scanner.
Make sure that:
To remove a document jam: